Implementing a new protocol or system, such as a VoIP install, is often put off because people are worried it will be frustrating or disruptive. In reality, VoIP installation is an easy process that can be completed with little to no disruption to your employees. When you work with a professional provider such as ID Telecom, the process will be seamless. Here is what you can expect from your VoIP install process:
Cable Connection VoIP Installation
Installing your VoIP system via a cable connection is one of the more straightforward processes. Simply power down your modem and all other related devices, then connect an ethernet cord from the modem to the IAD, router, or LAN port. Connect a computer to one of the router’s numbered ports and run a full power cycle. Use an RJ-11 connector to hook up the phone to a port and you should be done! The process should only take a few minutes. There are other possible variables that would need slightly different steps, but at ID Telecom our professional technicians are prepared for any possible situation.
DSL Connection VoIP Installation
DSL connections are trickier than cable connections when it comes to setting up a VoIP system. These set-ups are less common than they were 10 years ago, but our professionals are still equipped to handle this process. Between firewalls and connectivity problems, this is a task for an expert. The setup steps will likely vary depending on the modem and router used, so it is best to consult our team before attempting to install a phone system with DSL. With our help, the process will be complete in no time.
Business Network VoIP Installation
To install a VoIP system for your business, the process is easy, but there are a lot of options to meet your company’s needs. Here is what you will need to consider when preparing for your new business phone system.
- Internet Bandwidth – Look into the bandwidth your current internet plan has. Businesses with higher call volumes will need a higher bandwidth.
- Router – Available in a wide array of prices and options, it should be easy to locate the perfect router. For a business set-up, we recommend a VPN router to allow remote use of the VoIP setup.
- Server – A normal computer should be found to act as a PBX server, but for large enterprise level companies, you may want to consult your IT source.
- PBX Software – When you work with a VoIP provider such as ID Telecom, the PBX software is a part of your plan and will be installed by your technician.
- Phone – With VoIP, you can use an online application or a mobile application, but many employees still prefer a desktop phone for work calls. There is a wide selection of color screen VoIP phones to choose from. Your representative can help you locate an option with all of the features and functionality you desire.
Once your VoIP system is ready, the phone can be customized to function in a way that is most effective for the company and individual employees. There are countless features that will make your phones even more of an asset than they were before. Systems do not have to be switched over until everything is set up to run perfectly, making the transition seamless. A VoIP install process is easy and short, but best handled by a trained and educated professional. To get a free quote on installing a new VoIP system, contact ID Telecom at (954) 939-0150!